Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome! Let's Start Out With a Bento Post!

So, a few weeks I was on one of my favorite food blogs (AnnaTheRed's Bento Factory) and she had a really simple how-to for making Domo-kun croquettes! My husband and I love Domo (we even collect the plushies) and I was dying to make this for him.
I made croquettes using the described method the night before, for dinner, and set aside a few nice ones to fry up the next morning. I had a mental plan - unfortunately, it didn't work out.
The original plan was that the two Domos would be fighting over the ice cream cone egg. However, I added too much rice and couldn't postion the little guys correctly. Also, I was stating to run short on time (since I bento in the morning) so I couldn't take out some rice and rearrange.
However, I still think they turned out cute, and hubby loved it ^-^

Bento Contents
-Rice with Salt & Pepper
-Cucumber Butterflies
-Food Color Painted Ice Cream Cone Egg
-Steamed Broccoli
-Domo-Kun (hamburger) Croquettes
~Nori Eyes
~ Provolone/Red Pepper Mouths
-Steamed Dragon-Tongue Beans
-Carrot Tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment