Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Penguin Bento

Well, Hubby had to work today but I didn't. So, even though I got up a little later than normal I still had extra time to pack a lunch. I was going though my produce (finding the carrots to make butterflies, and red carrots to make tulips) when I thought I should make penguin onigiri!
I don't have too much else to say about it, besides this is the first time I've made onigiri that nori is wrapped around (huge pain-in-the-butt). Also, I kinda phoned it in on the faces because I was starting to get short on time...
I really hope he enjoys it. Actually hope he eats it while he's helping out at one of the other stores in his district - those guys would freak out. Truthfully, I think this will make him as happy as finding out that a baby Platypus is called a Puggle.

Bento Contents:
-Lettuce - for pretty filler
-Penguin Onigiri
~Cream Cheese Filling
~Nori Eyes
~Orange Pepper Beaks/Feet (actually inspired the bento!)
-Red Grape Tomato Balloon (I think they were called Candy Tomatoes)
-Yellow Tomato Ballon (Italian Ice)
-Cucumber/Tomato Salad with Black Pepper
-Orange Carrot Butterflies
-Red Carrot Tulips
-Heart Cup of Dried Spiced Apples & Giant Craisins
-Blue Cup of Salted Almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment